Kidnap, Ransom & Extortion
- (301) 961-9898
Limits: Up to $65 million
Minimum premium: $1,000
Deductible: No retention or deductible
Availability: In all states and the District of Columbia. (non-admitted in SD and WA).
- Unlimited fees for services provided by Control Risks for insured events
- Worldwide coverage with separate limits for ransom, transit, additional expenses, legal liability and personal accident
- Annual, trip or multi-year policies available
- 10% of annual premium available towards loss preventative security services offered by Control Risks - pre-approval by underwriter required.
- Additional expenses covered such as: medical expenses, psychiatric care, temporary workers, rest and rehabilitation and public relations consulting
- Enhancement options available to a wide range of risks including academic and healthcare
- Exclusice Schinnerer endorsement available with increased coverages
Who Is Covered?
- All directors, officers and employees of assured
- Family members (including spouse, domestic partners, extended family)
- People who reside in the insured person's household
- Guests in the home of insured person
- Guests and/or customers of assured on assured's premises or in assured's transport
- The person negotiating and delivering ransom
What Events Are Covered?
- Kidnap: An actual or alleged kidnapping of an insured person for ransom
- Extortion: Threat to assured and/or insured person(s) for demand of ransom, including threats against the insured person, property, trade secrets, and computer data
- Products Extortion: Threat to assured's products for demand of ransom
- Detention: Holding under duress of an insured
- Hijack: Any aircraft, motor vehicle, railroad train, or waterborne vessel on which the insured person is traveling
What Losses Are Covered?
The loss under the policy includes the following reasonable and necessary expenses and costs directly attributable to the event.
- Ransom (up to full policy limits) - Includes cash and/or marketable goods surrendered by or on behalf of the insured in connection with an insured event
- Transit (up to full policy limits) - Includes damage, destruction, disappearance, confiscation or wrongful abstraction of ransom while being delivered
- Legal Liability (up to full policy limits) - Includes those costs incurred as a result of any action for damages brought by or on behalf of an insured person as a result of an insured event. Defense costs are in addition to the limit of liability
- Personal Accident ($250,000 per insured/$1,250,000 aggregate) - death, loss of limb, loss of sight, loss of extremity, or permanent total disablement of insured person as result of insured event
- Additional Expenses (up to full policy limits) - Following an insured event:
- Reward to informants
- Personal financial loss
- Salary reimbursement (including salary of relative)
- Salary for replacement of kidnapped, detained or hijacked insured person
- Job retraining costs for kidnapped, detained or hijacked insured person
- Fees and expenses of public relations consultant, products recall consultant, and/or interpreter
- Travel and accommodation costs
- Legal advice and medical care, including psychiatric care and cosmetic surgery
- Forensic analysis fees and expenses
- Rest & rehabilitation expenses for victim and spouse and/or children
- Interest expense
- Consultants fees (unlimited) - Fees and expenses of Control Risks
Policy Highlights in a printer-friendly format.
Program Highlights specific to Colleges and Universities