We've made significant upgrades to our general liability policy for architects, engineers and surveyors.
The numerous enhancements – offered by endorsement – broaden coverage in many areas of the policy.
- Additional Insured is extended to include the following when required by written contract or agreement: State or Political Subdivision- Permits Relating to Operations or Premises; Controlling Interests; Managers or Lessors of Premises; Mortgagee, Assignee or Receivers; Owners or Other Interests From Whom Land Has Been Leased; Co-owners of Insured Premises; Lessors of Leased Equipment; Engineers, Architects or Surveyors Engaged by You; and Executors, Administrators, Trustees or Beneficiaries.
- Employees as Insureds-Health Care Services extends incidental malpractice coverage for employees or volunteer workers who provide a health care service.
- Joint Venture/Partnership/Limited Liability Coverage provides contingent coverage for the Named Insured’s interests in past joint ventures, partnerships or limited liability companies. Also extends coverage for direct and vicarious liability arising out of the Named Insured’s participation in a current joint venture that is not named on the Declarations when such joint venture meets certain criteria.
- Expanded Personal and Advertising Injury broadens coverage to include discrimination or humiliation not employment or housing related.
Medical Payments are increased to $15,000 with a reporting period up to three years from the date of accident.
- Legal Liability and Borrowed Equipment expands coverage to encompass property damage to premises rented by the Named Insured with limits increased to $300,000 on an ‘all risk’ basis; Property Damage-Borrowed Equipment provides limited coverage for borrowed tools or borrowed equipment if they are not being used in operations at the time of the loss.
- Non-Owned Watercraft is expanded to include watercraft up to 75 feet.
- Non-Owned Aircraft is covered if chartered with a flight crew.
- Contractual Liability Coverage for Personal and Advertising Injury eliminates the contractual liability exclusion from personal injury and advertising injury cover.
- Enhanced Supplementary Payments are increased to $1,000 per day for loss of earnings and $3,000 for bail bonds.
- Liquor Liability Coverage is available with exclusion deleted.
- Broad Named Insured / Newly Formed or Acquired Organizations provides broadened Named Insured coverage and extends notification time for newly formed or acquired organization to the end of the policy period or next anniversary of its inception date, whichever is earlier.