Kidnap, Ransom & Extortion
Risk Managment Resources
- Prevention fund available for all for-profit and non-profit risks.
- Access to Control Risks' Global Risk Data website granted when coverage is bound. This site provides information on preventative measures and security updates.
Newsletters & Fact Sheets on the exposures and impact of a kidnap, extortion threat, detention or hijack event.
- Kidnap & Ransom Report is our newsletter that provides risk management information and advice to help mitigate the risk of being involved in a kidnap, ransom or extortion event.
Read our latest issue, Institutions are Prime Targets for Kidnap, Ransom and Extortion Threats, to learn more about how to protect yourself and your organization from these threats. View the full library of past issues.
- Our Fact Sheets offer specific information on why the following types of firms need Kidnap & Ransom insurance and the expertise to mitigate their risk:
- Learn Why Kidnap, Ransom and Extortion Coverage is a prudent choice in dealing with the overwhelming consequences associated with a kidnap, extortion, detention or hijack event.
Perspective is a quarterly newsletter by Control Risks with insight into the critical risk issues that affect your business and some of the emerging factors that will shape the risk management landscape in the future.
- January 2008 Issue, highlights Risk Map; security engineering - a critical process in new construction projects; four month focus on selected areas of interest; China's changing regulatory environment; political risk review; and much more.
- July 2007 Issue, highlights climate change, resource scarcity and international security; Standard Chartered Bank: maintaining a healthy risk appetite; managing security in national oil companies; living up to olympic standards; and much more.
- April 2007 Issue, highlights Colombia's lasting burden of a bad reputation, Genentech: reducing risk, putting a price on your company's information, a four month focus on specific countries, the early days of a pandemic, the real costs of doing business in central and eastern Europe and Ghana.
- November 2006 Issue, informs us about embracing India's opportunities, Africa: unraveling the complexities, a four month focus on specific countries, keeping the business wheels revolving, Venezuela: living in interesting times, First-hand experience of the situation in East Timor.
- August 2006 Issue, reflects on the Russian IPO myths, Control Risks' global presence, the ever changing face of kidnapping, a four month focus on specific countries, tackling fraud in a Chinese context and first hand experience of life in Haiti.