Soundwaves is Schinnerer's risk management newsletter for non-profit organizations. Read the latest issue, Avoid the Calamity of Wage and Hour Claims.
A complete archive of past issues follows:
- Volunteers in Not-For-Profit Organizations - Managing the Risk of Volunteer Involvement.
Whether serving as directors or officers of the organization or carrying out its beneficial mission of serving the public, volunteers in not-for-profits present both a significant asset and a significant risk.
- Recent Developments in Employment Law
Discusses the recent changes in employment law pertaining to pay equity, age discrimination, family and medical leave, disability and gay rights.
- Emerging Employment Issues
Looks at three emerging issues in employment law and how each could impact an association the way they do business.
- Tools to Manage Employment Risks
Discusses the many tools available to our insured non-profits to help manage risks up front.
- Don't Let "You're Fired" Lead to a Lawsuit
Strategies for managing layoffs and other terminations of employment.
- Employee Handbook Essentials
Topics included: Hotline Features Advice on Managing Risk, Calling the Hotline, and Using Volunteers.
- Employee Handbooks and Insurance
Topics included: Employee Handbooks, Questions You Should Ask Before Buying Not-For-Profit Coverage, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission Facts and more.
- Spotlight on Employment Practices
Topics included: Remedies for Workplace Violence, Employee Monitoring and Types of Claims Asserted Against Non-Profit Associations.
- Thriving in Tough Times
Topics included: Thriving in Tough Times, IRS Form 990, Issues & Trends.
- Don't Forget the Copyright
Topics included are: Electronic Copyrights, Define it: Copyright & Trademark, Anatomy of a Trademark Claim, Publishing Perils and Web Resources.
- Intellectual Property and E-Sign Act
Topics included: Association Internet Ventures, Understanding the E-Sign Act, Violating Intellectual Property Rights and more.